- Can be laid right on top of muddy areas with minimal groundwork preparation required
- Anti-slip design with ideal aperture size for horses
- Excellent water drainage through the surface
- Durable, non-rotting and weather resistant
- Suitable for up to 56 tons
- Frost and UV-resistant
- Low maintenance and cost effective throughout the product life
- Interlocking design enables easy and quick installation
- Easy to extend or remove at any time
Manufactured from 100% recycled plastic bags
Height 5.3 cm – 2.12”
Pallet (164 Grids):
Our Mud Control Grids make it easy to cover even large areas relatively quickly. Although the grids adapt well to uneven ground, level ground gets the best results.
Minimal ground prep is needed. Level the ground by flattening peaks and filling large holes. Lay down the first row of Mud Control Grids across the full length of the area to be covered.
Important: Leave an expansion gap of at least 1/4” (0.5 cm). Space should also be left between the grids and buildings or edging structures.
The second row of grids should be staggered against the first by using a half grid at the beginning. Grids can be easily cut by skill saw.
Cutting: Mud Control Grids are easily cut with skill saws, bench saws, panel saws or jig saws.
Inserting: When laying down Mud Control Grids, a crowbar or shovel can give helpful leverage – but do not apply too much force. The grids should fit loosely together to avoid high tensions during extreme hot or cold weather.
Step 3 (Optional)
Once the grids have been laid out, fill the holes with washed sand or another water-permeable material. For general use, but especially with all-season open stabling, we recommend a finishing layer (e.g. riding arena sand or wood chips) of at least 1 1/4” (3 cm).